måndag 9 mars 2009

Mulheres em foco! Onde as mulheres vao parar?

Women in focus! Where are the women going to stop? These were the slogans that were written on placards when women's day was celebrated here in Salvador da Bahia this weekend.

The best 8th of march I ever had in my life. Strong women with a will that could move mountains. Samba music from a stage surrounded by a lake created an atmosphere of solidarity that could be felt everywhere. The empowerment of women is a must if this planet is going to have any chance of survival. The fire is burning and the message is being spread like a wild fire. No one can stop the women!

I really enjoyed the moment and met a lot of wonderful people. We later went to the house of Helena who had her 92nd birthdate and had a great time.

I have started to like the portuegese language and Brazil more now. I am having a second thought about my plan to go back to Sweden on the 3 rd of april because I have got a cheaper place to stay and have been offered a couple of volunteer works where my experience and education could be used better.

I have not made up my mind as yet but having met amazing people lately has not made my hesitation to diminish.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Radio Bemba, Radio Bemba, Radio Bemba...

Manu Chao 8/3/09

www.myspace.com/juanvicioso