lördag 14 april 2012

at a crossroad as usual.....

I have always found myself on different cross-sections of life: where to live? what to do? Whether to have children or not? e.t.c. These questions do not of course have any easy and simple answer.

Having been in Sweden since november 1989 and the very fact that I was born and bred in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, means I lack the experience of living and working in my native country Eritrea.

I am on the brink of just doing that and it feels very exciting and enriching in many ways.The road to reach this conclusion, has been very bumpy.

One is used to certain type of life standrad, culture and climate and so on.Uprooting yourself at this age and risking to start everything from scratch in an environment of scarce resources and uncertain future is demanding.

"Home" is still home and I have no doubts about giving this project a trial.

I am ware of the challenges and difficulities that are ahead of me but I am as determined as ever about the rightness of my decision about moving out from Sweden.

The other option is staying in Sweden and continue working as a jobcoach and earn money without feeling satisfied both intellectually and emotionally because of the burden of being in exile.

I am not expecting Eritrea to have all the answers for my "searchings" but there is nothing wrong in following your heart and trying to realize your dreams and aspirations despite all the risks and uncertainities that exist along the way.

One Love!

Inga kommentarer: