torsdag 23 oktober 2008

From Waynapicchu to Machupicchu!

”Far away from Babylon….Closer to Mount Zion…. I wanna be with my lion…the conquering lion…the tribe of Judah….I am on my way to take the blackstarliner to take a rest from the West and ease the tension by crossing the ocean…” Sings Queen Omega.

That was the feeling that I had when I went to MachuPicchu this weekend. It was a marvellious scene but I should admit that it did not live up to my expections though. I like being paradoxal as a philosopher :-).

It is of course an architectural and historical Miracle. It is a phenomenal engineering work which still puzzles the whole world.

I enjoyed the view from Waynapicchu better but the number of tourists who had to get up at 05:00 in the morning to take the buses from ”Agua Calientes” to MachuPicchu was beyond my imagination.

Backpackers and lonelyplanet are some of the things that I have started to dislike these days. We were nine people with the minibus driver who headed for MachuPicchu.

The Peruvian driver Henry was an amazingly nice person, then there were three Colombian girls ,who are nurses by profession, made the trip enjoyble, a young couple from Belgium did also their best to make everybody feel comfortable.

The youngest passengers were two German girls who were other than friendly towards any of us. Age can be blamed for their behaviour but some descency is always welcomed when one is travelling with other homosapiens. These girls refused to share a room with me and I had to sleep with the Belgian couple who were very happy to have me in their room.

P.S. Just for your information: one of the German girls was black if race and colour matters.I am afraid that it does not in this case. Some of the Israeli ”hippie tourists” that I have seen in here have not impressed me either.

There are no so many black people here in Cusco and people are very curious about my appearance and origin. When I tell them that I am from Eritrea, it does not ring any bell in their ears but as soon as I say Africa..They react with wonder and surprise.

Chillicorncarne made my stomach turmoil yesterday but I am hopefully fit again. To see colourfully dressed ladies with their lama here in Cusco is still a mesmerizing view for me.....I like the well-organized chaos in Cusco. A beautiful child is sleeping on two chairs where I am sitting at the internet coffe in my neghibourhood right now .....the relatives come and look at him now and then.....Bless the child!!!

”Understanding white privilage”:Creating Pathways to Authentic Relationships Across Race by Frances E. Kendall is a must book for those of you who care about human relationships across physical and mental borders.

”Soy de Eritrea pero vivo en Suecia…cuando tenia 18 anos, me trasladé a suecia a causa de guerra entre Eritrea y Etiopia duradé 30 anos…”

are my popular phrases of this month of october.

I am looking forward to learning about journalism during my stay in Arequipa with the newspapper ”El Buho”for a month from this coming Sunday the 26th of october.

Inga kommentarer: