torsdag 25 december 2008

Boca juniors has Swedish connections!

Boca Juniors won the Argentinian championchip yesterday even if they lost the last match against my team TIGRE 1-0. I watched the match on TV with some friends in a bar.This city went crazy. .....

The two teams from Buenos Aires: Boca Juniors and River Plate shared the same neighborhood once upon a time. They had even the same jersey but once their rivalry got out of hand, one of them had to move out from the area called Boca.

That was going to be decided by a match between them and the loser had to leave. Boca Juniors won that match and River Plate left the neighborhood. The other question of which team should keep the original jersey had to be determined by another match once again. Boca Juniors lost that match and had to find a new jersey but they did not know which colour to have.

So they decided to go to the port and take the colour of the ship which would arrive at the port first. That boat happened to be from Sweden and Boca Juniors has therefore had the blue and yellow jersey since that time. An interesting piece of history....

I have started to like Buenos Aires more and more.... I am searching for a room to rent now. I would like to study or work with something in here as well. Education is free here in Argentina. I should probably try to get my driving licence if I am gonna be around for some time. I can have Buenos Aires as my base and travel around to the neghboring countries from here. I am intending to go to Urugay on friday. It is just a couple of hours journey by boat.

I currently live in a hostel where I have to the share the room with 8 people at times. Some snore and break the wind the whole night.......a nice experience for a short while but not in the long run.


I like the tango atmosphere where taxi drivers put a classic tango on the tape recorder or you would watch tango dancers performing on the street. One thing that I do not like is "cubierto" which means that you have to pay an extra charge for having used a fork in most of the restaurants here in Buenos Aires.

I hope that you are enjoying your X-mas. This is my fifth time celebrating it outside Sweden and I do not miss it at all......

Inga kommentarer: