söndag 10 mars 2013

Too many eggs in the basket :-)

Time goes very fast as usual but nothing is running out of it for me right now at the same time. My patience and endurance here in Eritrea is paying off. I have been conducting my own research about nation-building in the country for some time. I have also studied some basic Arabic in the short time I have been here. I am currently working to fix a driving license too.


I am also engaged in a short project held by the ministry of health which tries to update the general situation for Malaria in Eritrea. We are trying to study the socio-cultural patterns among all the nine groups of people of the country in terms of their use of bed nets and tendencies to seek early treatment once affected by mosquitoes. We are interested in the change of behaviours or lack of it. What factors lie behind peoples ‘approach to Malaria, seen from an anthropological perspective is the main question?

Teaching “sociology of education” at SMAP College here in Asmara is in my calendar too. I shall start doing that in a few months time but I have to prepare the entire student material on my own which is very exciting and mesmerizing. Too many eggs in the basket right now but they do not have to be fetched simultaneously. I love it anyways.

By the way, I am quite used to the life here in Eritrea now to the degree that I sometimes miss the power cuts which still occur but it is much better than before. I feel it is a relief from constantly updating ourselves from TV and other electronic apparatus.

5 kommentarer:

Knowledge is power sa...

Hi Kwame,

I wish you all the best. you really inspire me and many others by your dedication, determination and I love your wide coverage of subjucts from football to politics. Above all in all article you are publishing, I find objectivity, simplicity and educational touch that I miss in those multi-corporate steered and event-trigged arrogant media outlets in the west.

Keep up the good work Kwame !
you can follow me at http://newlifecircle.blogspot.com

Ato Sebnat sa...


Nice to have many "eggs in the basket". I feel the same way right now, wokring full time as a manager, and in the same time writing my masters applications, and studieng french.

Though it is better to have to much to do, then to little And when I sometimes feel stressed, I can just for a second think about what it would be like experiencing the Swedish Februari/ Mars wheater right now. Im quit sure you feel the same way.

The work you are doing seems very interesting, and far much more fullfilling then being a job coach. Hope I will have the chance to come soon!

/ Your Bro, Sidi Sebnat

Kwame Touré sa...

Thanks for your encouragement! I love your blog too, sister soldier or brother? :-)

Ato Sebnat, I feel you. Keep the momentum. We should probably meet in the Congo instead of Sweden. Morocco + Eritrea = Congo

Anonym sa...

Just to give you some inspiration, Good luck with the teaching. You'll be an excellent teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIuRbiX9px4

http://www.ashesi.edu.gh/

Kwame Touré sa...

Thanks. Youtube does not function well here. Thanks for your inspiring support