lördag 29 november 2008

Cafe y Vino!

My dream life here in Arequipa,Peru is coming to an end tomorrow sunday. I shall be leaving to Puno in the southeast of Peru on monday. I will stay there for at least three days and then shall continue to Copacabana,Bolivia......Chile, Argentina by bus..............etc....

I had a farewell party at a friend's bar which is called Cafe y Vino.....the best one in this city. I was the DJ for the most of the night and we rocked it until the woe hours of the morning.

Two incidents stick out though: first I thought that I had lost the network card for the wireless connection of my laptop. One guy was suspected of stealing it and we had to look for him around the garden where a folklore musicfestival was taking place. We eventually found him and had to search his pockets and the whole body including his shoes but to no avail.

He was claiming to be innocent all the time but the people around were certain of his gultiness. He turned out to be a nice gentleman who took the situation easily. I had forgotten that I had put the staff in my bag.

The guy had left by the time I discovered it ........but had aplologized to him and bought him a glas of red wine before he departed from the bar. I still feel bad about it!!! I have only experienced one attempt of robbery here in Peru before. One guy tried to open my bag and when I felt that something was going on and confronted the guy.....he just pretended not to have done anything and walked away.

The other incident was that my friend/sister/ spanish teacher Milena fell down on the dancing floor while dacing to an Eritrean rythm with me. I was holding her up and lost my balance (may be I took one too many beer and wine....:-))........she hit the floor right on the face. For a moment, everybody thought that she was injured seriously and might need some medication...as she was crying and had a lot of pain.

I felt guilty and wanted to hurt myself. I inflicted a lot of injuries to her teeth which was bleeding a little bit. Fortunately, it was not that bad........and she was fit after some turbulent minutes which felt like hours. We are going to a dentist now........what a night in Arequipa, Peru!

Bolivia.....is the next destination and look forward to having a great time in there as well. The Bolivians advice foreigners: to avoid soroche(altitude sickness), in La paz.......camina lentito, come poquito....y duerme solito( walk slowly, eat only a little bit....and sleep by your poor little self), especially on the first day or two.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Heihei!!! hermano! Definitivamente es una noche para no olvidar!!!como todos los momentos que hemos pasado...todas nuevas experiencias! gracias por todo!
No recuerdo el nombre del chico al que le quitaste hasta los zapatos, eso fue muy gracioso!!!! :):):):)
Es raro que solo hablase en inglés mientras me quejaba del dolor de mi diente eh!!! hahaha
Tu amiga/hermana/ profesora de español.
Don't think about soroche , all is in your mind !!!