tisdag 3 februari 2009

Che Guevara, who the f--- is?

I was in Rosario in central Argentina last weekend and visited the hometown of Che Guevara. To my surprise, he does not seem to be that big in his own territory. There was no any enthusiasm among the people when I asked them if they knew where ,the house where he was born, was located.

Many did not know the exact area or have not seen it yet. I eventually got there and took some pictures on behalf of the first lady. I am not a great fan of him for some reasons. There is a square named after him but there is no hype as we normally have in Lund or Uppsala. I like that. He is afterall a revolutionary with some bloody hands which I can not subscribe to even if I am a fannonist.

I am now in Iguazu. This is the place to be. It is a border town where Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay meet. The best border view with a fine river separting the countries.The waterfalls in Iguazu are amazing. I have seen the Blue Nile in Ethiopia and the Niagara falls in Canada but this one is in its own class. Words can not express the beauty of it in here. You should come and see it by yourself.

I lost though my MP3 there and nothing comforts me right now.It sucks to lose things and losing your MP3 player on the road is even worse. My only consolation is that I could have lost my camera with all the pictures but yet my MP3 is a special one with all my favourite Reggae songs(756) which I fortunately still have on my laptop.

So if I buy a new one which I shall do in Paraguay soon...I will abe able to recover from my loss pretty soon but for the time being ,I am devastated....

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Huvvaligen, tænk om jag också hade kunnat forsatt att resa som du gør. Men nu ær jag i och før sig i vårt fantastiska grannland Norge. Har du fått dansa något mer på gatorna?
/ Mizan aka Linnea

Anonym sa...

Inte mycket men Brasilien kan bli dejligt......halsa Normennen!