torsdag 26 februari 2009

The right to change your mind and hesitate should be a universal human right!

I have lost momentum on this journey once again after having been robbed of my camera. Your camera is essentially the most important stuff that you own when you are a traveller. You record all aspects of your life on the road from many perspectives. Pictures speak more than words..........

I am not the same person after the loss. I try to come over it but I need some time to come to terms with the loss of 750 pictures. Time shall heal all the wounds. I have my pictures in my memory anyway.

I do not want to buy a new one, as it feels right now, I wonder, if I ever would buy any in the future either. I sat on a bus from Rio to Salvador Bahia for 28 hours yesterday! It was an exhausting journey which was full of negative thoughts about the lost pictures and my relationship with first lady.

I am in Salvador Bahia and having a lot of thoughts about where to head from here. Brazil is too big and I am sick and tired of travelling by bus and the whole life of being a backbacker at 37 years old.

I have been on the road for almost 5 months now and I do not know if I really want to continue traveling until the middle of june or go to Sweden earlier than that, may be april or so. I have to pay around 263 dollars to make any changes on the date and destination on my current ticket.

The money is alright and affordable but it is just that I do not feel that you often get an opportunity to travel for a long time as this in the near future at my age ....may be sooner than I think.... There is no reason to impose any will that does not exist.

If I have run out of steam, I shall accept that and recharge/reload the batteries in the Swedish spring or continue traveling without a camera until the middle of June. It is a hard choice but I should do that soon.I have some practical things to sort out in Sweden as well. I will not be 100 % sure whatever decision I make but that is life. There is more time and money even in the future.

By the way, I saw two football matches at Maracana in Rio the other day Macao-Americano and Flamengo-Sender. They were not the best matches that I ever seen and the Brazilian league and crowd was not impressive at all. Flamengo which is one of the biggest teams in the world with more than 50 million fans across the globe lost 1-3 to the crowds dismay and frustration.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Ambivalence is truly a human right and common phenomenon in this world of constant choices. The feeling of ambivalence is one of the most frustrating and experienced daily..

To choose is to choose not to, but the choice is chosen for a reason.

Anonym sa...

Uhu! it happens to eveybody, I think it is really complicated when making decisions "Sometimes you have to make a big mistake to figure out how to make things right. Mistakes are painful, but they are the only way to find out who you really are"
When I heard that quote, I knew I was never going to be wrong plus it helped me to getting my thoughts in order. So I always have it on mind
:):))
Muuucha suerte hermano!