torsdag 5 februari 2009

A ghost village in Paraguay!!!

I am in Foz de Iguazu on the Brazilian side now and I feel good to have left Argentina for this time. I never got in love with that country and most of its people who I met. I felt as if that country was the land of arrogance and ignorance but the beauty of the country can not be denied.

I took a boat from Argentina to Paraguay this morning and had a fantastic view over the rivers Iguazu and parana. The migration officer at the Paraguayan border was welcoming and some people commented my hair and asked for something which I did not understand.

I went up to the hill then on the other side and waited for the local bus to arrive but to no avail. It was an abondoned area with unfinished houses and a sense of a ghost village. It was an amazing feeling to be in Paraguay at the frontier on my own.

I finally got myself out of the area and met an old woman who told me about the local bus which eventually came and took me to downtown. I went to the shop where I bought my MP4 player yesterday and got the driver for it as it was not in the package yesterday.

My computer is not unfortunately reacting to my MP4 player so far and it is frustrating not be able to download the music I love so much from my own computer. It would be unfortunate and sad if this situation continued like this. I just hope that it will work out itself sooner or later.

I took another local bus to the Brazilian side then and the Brazilians have welcomed me with open arms so far. They neither asked for my passport nor searched for my luggages which they did with all the other passengers. A very good start in deed by all standards!

Inga kommentarer: