onsdag 18 februari 2009

20 years on the road and still bewildered!

I am in Copacabana, Rio Di Janiero right now, the beach is just 5 minutes walk from my hostel.I went there last night at around 1 p.m. on my own and it was a magnificient feeling to stand there and see the waves and listen to that poweful/natural mystic.

I feel that the negative period that I have had just halfway on my journey has started to diminish and I am gonna have a new and fresh beginning from today.


I have exactly 4 months left before I return to Sweden to make up my mind about the future and sum up my life after almost 20 years on the road across the planet. I may come there earlier or later but as it feels now, I shall be sticking to the original plan unless something unexpected happens...... Things have though been going well or ¨according to my intentions¨ so far, despite the many debacles on the road.


I take a day at time and I do not know how this journey is going to end up or where it is going to take me from here.

It is not a good idea to eat a big pizza late in the evning and try to sleep. I have had a sleepless night. Living in a hostel has its own advantages in terms of getting new friends quite quickly and having a better social life than staying in a hotel on your own but most of the time,it is also noisy and full of young people who party all the night.

I shall be doing the Rio city tour in one of these days and try to watch a football match in the Brazilian league between Flamengo and Vasco at Maracana stadium in Rio on saturday. The Rio Carneval begins officially this weekend and it is very expensive depending on which part you wanna take part in. I hope that I shall be able to see a glimpse of it on one of the neighbourhoods anyway.

So I am back on track again as never before...

1 kommentar:

Marcello de Souza Freitas sa...

hey man, how is it going? We were just introduced last night in LAPA, i hope you remember me. How did you like Manu chao concert last night? It was crazy!!!! pretty crowded! ........
NIce to meet you, i hope everything goes fine during your trip here in RIo.

Marcello