lördag 7 februari 2009

It was a big mistake to take my laptop with me on this tour...

My laptop seems to be out of function right now. The screen is broken and the computer mouse has locked itself. I had to have it in my backpacker to avoid being at a risk of robbery which of course caused the damage on the screen.

I can not even listen to my own music from my laptop which makes me feel even more frustrated over the loss of the mp3. My new mp4 is therefore to no use so far. It hurts. Material losses with so much personality in the content are hard to overcome.

I went to the Iguazu falls on the Brazilian side yesterday and was not impressed as much as I was when I was on the Argentinian side. It was a cloudy and rainy day which even made me less motivated to move around and appreciate the beauty of nature. So I left after some hours and started figuring out once again what the purpose or mission of my south America adventure is.....all about.............

The weird and bizzare thing is that I could have bought a plastic raincoat for roughly 4 dollars and protected myself and the important documents like a passport which I had in my little bag but I refused to do that out of a silly principle reason and allowed the rain to rain on me and all the stuff I had with me. I hate feeling indifference and hesitation in many aspects of life.

I do not understand my way of thinking in many situations and travelling exposes one´s own shortcomings and irrationality in different contexts much more clearly than any other situation.

Spending money on unnecessary things at times or spending so much money on this trip, puts me on a moral dilemma to question my own solidarity with other fellow human-beings who have to struggle so much to make ends meet.

Begging children, women with babies and old people or child street vendors...e.t.c... who are having so much difficulity in life, make me wonder if I am doing the right priority in many ways. I question quite often what the hell I am trying to achieve by travelling so much as I do and have done. I am searching for the ¨TRUTH¨.......which one....?

Existential issues of course appear everywhere but when you are on the road, you may confront them on a daily bases as you have neither structure nor routine.........

Argentina and Brazil are pretty expensive and I am now entertaining the idea of using a free ride and CouchSurfing as some people do. I am going to Sao Paulo tonight. 16 hours by bus from Iguazu. Long distance bus journey at night is not fun but it is part and parcel of the whole package and I have accepted it. I still belong to the few privilaged who can travel......unlike most on this planet. Unfortunately!

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

"Plötsligt förstod jag att han var verkligare för sig själv än jag är för mig och att vad som krävdes av mig var att uppleva denna hans verklighet icke som objektets utan som subjektets - och mer än min egen.

...

Att förbliva i blivandets snabba glädje, vara en strömfåra för livets ljusa mod, dess ilande, svala vatten med blänk av sol.

I en värld av tröghet och ängslan och närgångenhet.

Att vara till genom andras framtid utan att kvävas av deras nu."

D. Hammarskjöld

Du inte bara stör.. du rubbar hela min existens..